Sunday 18 May 2014

#10 ~ First Liebster Award

A big thank you to the lovely Hannah from Wink Beauty for nominating me for my very first Liebster Award! I feel like I should write some kind of acceptance speech or something hehe~

For those who don't know: The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who are new to the blogging world to welcome them and give their blog awareness! Now, onto the questions Hannah has asked me and my answers:

1. What is your favourite social media site?

It has to be twitter - it is so simple and easy to use. It used to be facebook, but for me that has kind of died now and the only reason I am keeping my account is just to occasionally keep in touch with faraway family and friends who do the same.

2. What is your favourite movie character?

Hermione from Harry Potter and Cinderella. I feel I can relate to both of them. I am a bookworm and never had sisters, but I had a bad childhood which I have finally escaped, plus I have found my Prince Charming. :)

3. Which do you prefer; Family Guy or The Simpsons?

If I had to choose, it would be The Simpsons. I watched it a lot when I was younger and only saw Family Guy for the first time a few years ago...it was all right, but I would still prefer to watch The Simpsons over Family Guy. There are some classic moments that still manage to make me chuckle.

4. Who is your favourite comic book superhero?

Hmm, I have never really read comic books. The books I read are the wrong genre, too!

5. The Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother?

Ooh, definitely The Big Bang Theory! I love it!

6. What is your favourite video game?

As I am not a big video game fan, the games I do play I love and there are not many of! Persona 3 Portable, The Sims 3 and Animal Crossing (the former two I am eagerly awaiting the next games in the series!) are my favourite games.

7. If you could have a dinner party with 5 famous people - dead or alive - who would you pick and why

Katy Perry - love everything about her; her style, music and values.
William Shakespeare - for his writing, obviously! It would be an honour to meet him.
Shoji Meguru - he creates music for the Persona games series and it is so creative!
Tyra Banks - after watching America's Next Top Model, I became a fan of her, for mostly the same reasons as Katy Perry, plus because of how personable and relatable she is.
Michael McIntyre - so he can make me laugh in person. :)

8. Who is your favourite band/singer?

Perfume! They are a Japanese J-Pop band. Check out one of their songs here!

9. What would Amortentia (love potion in Harry Potter) smell like to you (it smells like what you love?

Ooh, the smell of a fresh bakery, new books, or cherry blossoms. <3

10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Japan! Oh my gosh, I must try not to ramble here because I love everything about Japan. The clothing, anime, technology, shrines, food, make-up, manga, the cat cafés, Japanese bakeries and sweets...

11. What is your favourite pass time?

Probably writing. I love it. I write novels, fan fiction, my blog...I spend most of my time writing. Closely followed by reading though.

Eleven Random Facts About Me

- Because I love the colour green so much I named my puppy green in Japanese - Midori.
- I used to bite my nails.
- Apparently I have a separate stomach for sweets.
- I came second in Nintendo's Mario Kart 7 tournament and won a big Star Cup trophy!
- Make-up is not a daily essential for me. It is rare I leave the house wearing it.
- I am opening a cat café with my partner.
- I am struggling to find four more facts. >_<
- Peanut butter is one of my foodie obsessions.
- Japan is where I belong and would love to live one day.
- I am very much a romantic.
- The longest story I have written is 146 pages and around 98,000 words in Word and is incomplete.

And Now I Nominate Thee...

Coco Ladysmith - The Little Pink Bible
Jess - Jessiedolly
Zara - Page 394

To Answer These Eleven Questions:

1. Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
2. Do your close friends and family know about your blog?
3. Where in the world do you belong?
4. What are your must have beauty brands?
5. Which beauty products could you live without?
6. Are you a cat or dog person?
7. What inspired you to start your blog?
8. Can you describe yourself in eight words?
9. If you had to wear one type of shoe for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
10. Do your feet have to be under the covers at night, even in summer?
11. What is your favourite healthy food?

There we go! I have finally completed the Liebster Award! I realise that some of my nominees have already done this, so if you cannot be bothered to do one again (and I won't blame you), please do not feel obliged. :)

Here are the guidelines:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog (and tell them when you post the Award on your blog so they can see your answers).
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you from your nominator.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5 to 11 bloggers with under 1,000 followers.
5. Provide 11 questions for them to answer.
6. List the guidelines so that people have an idea of what to do.
6. Display the Award as a gadget/widget on your blog.
7. Finally, inform the people you nominated with a link to your Liebster Award blog post!

Phew! That was a really long post, but I did enjoy writing it. Again a huge thanks to Hannah from Wink Beauty for nominating me (and sorry I took so long to get around to writing it) and to everyone who reads this. Until next time~

Love, Miss Emma-Lily xx

6 comments:

  1. I love Perfume! Have you heard of LinQ? If not go on YouTube and search for LinQ-Garnet - its a great song :) The intro is like a minute long but its worth it. I'll pop my post up later and link you to it so you can take a look :3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to know someone else who knows/likes Perfume! :O I just checked out LinQ - I really liked Garnet, but couldn't really find any other songs by them. >.<

      -Emma-Lily xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me! I'd never heard of the this, and it really made my day :) Such a lovely idea! I've been writing up my answers and will post them tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad! Hehe no rush I think it took me two weeks or more!

      -Emma-Lily xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats Emma! That was a very enjoyable read and it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Hehe, good~ I'm glad to hear it! :D

      -Emma-Lily xx

      Delete