Monday 10 March 2014

#1 ~ Starting with the Basics!

Hello! Konnichiwa~ ;D

My name is Emma. As my middle name is Lily, I decided to call my blog 'Miss Emma-Lily'. It has a cute sound, reminding me of a cross between Emily and Tigerlily. I am currently twenty-three and reside in the United Kingdom, where we are very how-do-you-do and wear top hats - haha, who am I kidding!? Sadly, those days are long gone.


Generally, I do not like 'modern' fashion, especially heavy-patterned clothes; they remind me of my mother, or grandmother - and that is not a good look. Vintage, on the other hand is a whole different look and can be soft, romantic and very feminine. Instead of following trends, I create my own personal style using cute, colourful, anime/Asian-style clothing. This goes for make-up, too. I often wear bright colours on my nails and eyes.




To start off with, my first two blog posts will be about stopping animal cruelty in the form of cosmetics testing. I feel this is a very important subject as a passionate animal lover and I would like to share my of hours of research; it really is quite shocking. Coincidentally, the R.S.P.C.A. have launched a campaign on this topic, which you can find more information about in my next post.

Now, if you are somewhat like me and are working your fluffy socks off just to pay the rent, bills and at least attempt to eat healthily, exercise...somewhat regularly, then you will most likely know what it feels like to walk down the high street and look longingly into a shop window at a new pair of jeans or cute heels and have to fight against your instincts to carry on walking instead of going inside to try them on, or finding something super pretty online and forcing yourself to bookmark it until that day when you become rich and win the lottery so you are not tempted to treat yourself for another second.




This is where my blog comes in useful! After writing about animal cruelty in the cosmetics industry, I plan on writing about the basics of skincare and make-up; as I need to re-stock my supplies, it gives me the perfect opportunity to search for cheap alternatives to the high street of products most of us will use on a daily basis and review them, so you can still look gorgeous whilst keeping to your budget, too.

It will not only be make-up and tools I am going to post about - it could even be clothing, shoes or even my own recipes and tutorials! You might have guessed this already, but I am also a big fan of Japanese culture and as such, I will post my interesting and cute finds, too!


So, a huge thank you for reading and I hope you are looking forwards to my future blog posts!

Love, Miss Emma-Lily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment